I received this list of tips for a better 2011 from a wonderful man, Gregory Scratch that some of you may remember from his old store, Scratching the Surface that was in Windsor ON. I wanted to share these with each and every one of you as I am sure, they will improve your life if you input them into your new year which is fast approaching.
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. While you walk, smile. It is the ultimate antidepressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Take this 10 minutes (or even 5 minutes if pressed for time) to think of everything that is going RIGHT and not wrong and to give thanks for what you do have. There are so many people out there who have it much worse than you.
3. Buy a DVR and record your late night shows and get more sleep.
4. When you wake up in the morning, complete the following statement, "My purpose is to __________ today."
5. Live with the 3 E's - Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy.
6. Play more games and read more books than you did in 2010.
7. Make time to practice meditation and prayer. They will provide you with your daily fuel for your busy lives.
8. Spend time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6. There is so much wisdom to learn from people in their to's, 70's, 80's. Take some time to take it all in. As far as kids go, try to remember what it was like to find everything so exciting and so new. You can learn a lot from kids.
9. Dream more while you are awake.
10. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants. Eat less food that is manufactured in factories.
11. Drink green tea and plenty of filtered water.
12. Try to make at least 3 people smile each day.
13. Clean clutter from your home, your car, your desk and let the new and flowing energy into your life.
14. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, or issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
15. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
16. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner lie a college kid with a maxed out credit card.
17. Smile and laugh more. It will keep the negative blues away.
18. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
20. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
21. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
22. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
23. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
24. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
25. Frame every so-called disaster with these words. "In five yeas, will this matter?"
26. Forgive everyone for everything.
27. What other people think of you is non of your business.
28. Ask, Believe, Receive (and it WILL happen)
29. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
30. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
31. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
32. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
33. The best is yet to come.
34. No matter how you feel, get up dress up and show up.
35. Do the right thing.
36. Call your family often (or email them to death!)
37. Each night before you go to bed, complete the following statements: "I am thankful for ________. Today I accomplished ______________.
39. Enjoy the ride. Remember this is not Disney World and you certainly don't want a fast pass. You only have one ride through life so make the most of it and enjoy the ride.
40. May your troubles be less. May your blessings be more. May nothing but happiness come through your door. It just doesn't happen though on it's own YOU NEED to stop thinking negative thoughts and focus on wishing good things in your life and everyone around you.
May your 2011 be a happy, blessed year. Please fee free to share the above so we may all have a better world to live in.